Friday, December 21, 2012

Eat at the Red Sea Star Underwater Restaurant, Bar, and Observatory


 The Red Sea Star Underwater Restaurant, Bar, and Observatory I actually found while researching pictures of another undersea restaurant in Ithaa. The one in Ithaa was pretty plain, really small (it only seated 14 at a time! >:o), and it was super expensive($120-$250 per plate! D:<). This restaurant has much better architecture, its very lively and animated inside, and its A LOT bigger. Besides that, I don't even know where Ithaa is, this place is off the coast of India, and that gives me an excuse to travel  to the Taj Mahal, then visit Agnihotra and Sushant before I go home.
According to: http://www.okeanosgroup.com/blog/author/admin/page/5/ Every feature in the restaurant resembles some sort of aquatic creature or coral, such as jellyfish stools, sea urchin lights, and starfish lamps. While the Ithaa screams “expensive,” the Red Sea Star shouts “fun!” That already sounds 10 times better than Ithaa. I looked at the picture of the outside though, and wondered how exactly it worked.. like, Was it brought up daily like the Ithaa one? or was it left there? So the website said:  "...and then descending 5 meters beneath the surface of the water. In the restaurant, thick plexiglass separates diners from the rest of the ocean as soon-to-be appetizers swim by the windows." So it has the same view basically, prettier inside, less expensive food, and there's actual room to socialize; I'm so glad i found this restaurant instead!

2 comments:

  1. I'm mentally conflicted about this. Half of me says "add to list." The other half says the same thing I thought when I saw your first underwater restaurant which is.... "Claustrophobia - bad. Do not go."

    ReplyDelete