Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain!!

The sad, waterless version I saw in 2015
I did it you guys! Almost 2 years after my first time, I returned to Rome and threw a coin - with my right hand over my left shoulder - into la fontana di Trevi. Twice. On 2 separate occasions, once at night, and again the next day. I watched The Lizzie McGuire Movie the night before I went to Rome just to get me re-excited and I was so happy when I got to the fountain 24 hours later and it had the water in it, no restoration going on, and no signs of construction anywhere. It was perfect; it was the prettiest sight I've ever seen and I spent so much time just marveling at it. After analyzing it in AP history, I remembered some facts from 4 years ago and spent time looking at all the detail and recalling the history. It was a gorgeous piece of art that looked amazing at night all lit up, but better (in my opinion) during the day with a blue sky behind it and the sun shining down.

The only thing I have to say is: Mission Accomplished.



No comments:

Post a Comment